You guys. Promise me that before peach season is over completely you will make this pizza. It’s the kind of thing you awkwardly moan while you chew because it’s so flipping good. Remember the Neapolitan style crust I shared on Monday? (If you missed it, click here). It’s that authentic brick oven style crust that’s perfect for specialty pizzas like this.
Then I added a few chunks of fresh mozzarella. You don’t want to go too crazy with the mozzarella because it will also release some moisture and you don’t want it weighing it down too much.
The final piece is slices of fresh, sweet, juicy peaches.
I like to cook my pizzas in my pizza oven, but you can easily do it in your regular home oven, or even on your grill. You can find instructions on the oven-bake method in the blog post with the crust recipe.
The sweet peaches balance the salty proscuitto and the tangy feta gives it another flavor component.
The mozzarella provides the creaminess and everything gets toasty and brown and caramelized when it cooks at high heat. A little fresh basil is the perfect finishing touch. Plus that rosemary olive oil and sweet balsamic.
I could easily eat that entire pizza myself. (How I know this shall remain unspoken.) Go grab yo’self some peaches and make this pizza!
A traditional brick-oven style pizza with sweet peaches, salty proscuitto, and creamy cheeses.
- 1 Recipe Neapolitan Pizza Dough (linked in blog post)
- 1 batch whipped feta (or other creamy cheese)
- 6–8 slices proscuitto
- several big chunks fresh mozarella
- 1–2 fresh peaches, sliced
- fresh basil
- optional: Rosemary olive oil and Raspberry balsamic (or regular olive oil and balsamic)
- Stretch dough out into a circle about 8-10 inches and place on a pizza peel lined with cornmeal. Spread a layer of whipped feta on dough, followed by layers of proscuitto, chunks/slices of Mozerella, and finally sliced peaches.
- Baked pizza using one of the methods mentioned in blog post, either a pizza oven, regular oven, or grill.
- Sprinkle chopped basil on top, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic and serve.