This refreshing, addictive dip is the perfect way to use up all that summertime garden basil.
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 1/3 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- Thinly sliced chives or green onion tops
- Place the garlic and basil in a mini blender jar or mini food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add yogurt, buttermilk, salt, and pepper and process until combined. Add cheese and pulse until just combined. Transfer to a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving, sprinkle with additional kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chives or green onions.
- Whole buttermilk is also called Bulgarian buttermilk. If you have a hard time finding it or prefer a lower fat option, reduced fat buttermilk or plain kefir work great.