If you’re looking for a super quick and easy festive treat for a red, white, and blue celebration, look no further. These patriotic strawberries are simply dipped in a little white chocolate and then some blue sanding sugar for an easy red, white, and blue bite!
- White Chocolate – You can use Baker’s white chocolate, white chocolate chips, or almond bark. If using real white chocolate, you’ll need to add a little vegetable oil or shortening to make dipping easier. More on that below in the instructions. I suggest almond bark or candy melts for the easiest dipping.
- Strawberries – Make sure your berries are dry or the chocolate won’t stick. Wash them well ahead of time, pat dry, and then let them air dry for a bit before dipping!
- Sprinkles – Any kind of sprinkles will work here, but sanding sugar is the easiest. If you’re using a larger style sprinkle, instead of dipping, I suggest sprinkling a little on the wet chocolate.
How To Make Patriotic Strawberries
- Melt some white chocolate (either baking chocolate, or chocolate chips works fine) or almond bark. If you’re using white chocolate, add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil or shortening to every 1/2 cup diced chocolate or chips to make dipping easier.
- Make sure your berries are dry and give them a dunk.
- Dip the wet chocolate in blue sanding sugar so the bottom tip is blue.
- Immediately place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in fridge to set up. They don’t even have to look perfect to be cute!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make these ahead of time? Yes, dip your berries up to 24 hours ahead of time and store in a single layer in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Did You Make This?
I’d love to hear from you! Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram, then come back and give this recipe a rating!
Patriotic strawberries are super easy and perfect for any red, white, and blue celebration! Just eyeball your amounts!
almond bark or candy melts, or white chocolate*
blue sprinkles or colored sugar
Melt your almond bark or candy melts according to package instructions. If you’re using white chocolate, add 1/2 tsp vegetable oil or shortening to every 1/2 cup diced chocolate or chips to make dipping easier.
Make sure your berries are dry, hold them by the greens and give them a dunk, leaving some red visible at the top.
Dip in blue sprinkles or colored sugar, making sure you leave a band of white chocolate. Place on parchment and chill to harden.