Easy and delicious side dish!
- 1 head cauliflower
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 6 tablespoons pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place a metal cookie sheet in the oven and preheat to 425.
- Remove leaves from cauliflower and cut off stem. Using a large knife, slice vertically through cauliflower in 3/4-inch slices. Save crumbled florets for another use. Generally you can get 3-4 steaks from a medium head of cauliflower.
- Brush each cauliflower steak with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully remove hot baking sheet from oven. Place cauliflower oil-side-down on the pan. Lightly brush the remaining sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper and return pan to oven.
- Roast for about 12 minutes and then carefully flip. Roast for an additional 7-8 minutes or so. Tops should be browned and crisp on the edges, cauliflower should look tender. Remove pan and spread some pesto on each steak and sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven just until cheese is melted (a minute or so should do it.) If desired, squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top before serving.