A flavorful side dish to go with just about anything!
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, seeded, and cubed butternut squash (many grocery stores have 12-ounce packages of fresh, ready-to-cook butternut squash in the produce aisles)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper (more if you’d like it spicier)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the spices. Place the squash on the prepared baking sheet and then drizzle with the olive oil mixture. Use your hands to toss to combine. Spread the squash evenly on the baking sheet and bake until desired doneness is reached–if you like it tender and squash-y, 25-30 minutes should do it. If you prefer a deeper flavor and a some pieces with crispier, edges, bake for 35-40 minutes, tossing with a spatula about halfway through. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 65.2
- Fat: 2.4
- Carbs: 11.9
- Fiber: 3.3
- Protein: 1
- Weight Watchers Points Plus: 1
- Serving Size: 6