An easy and comforting egg dish, using commonly grown garden treasures like tomatoes, zucchini, and basil.
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (plus more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (more if needed)
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small-medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup diced fresh mozarella
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves, thinly sliced
- optional: pesto, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until just combined.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron (or other ovenproof skillet) skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil to coat pan. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Add garlic and zucchini and toss to cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Push everything to the side of the pan and add tomatoes, tossing to cook until lightly blistered and starting to burst. Sprinkle everything lightly with salt and pepper.
- Turn pan heat to low. Add butter to pan and toss everything together, arranging vegetables in an even layer. Sprinkle cheese and basil on top.
- Gently pour egg mixture over the vegetables and place pan in oven. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. Let cool for a few minutes and then slice into wedges. Serve with pesto.