I love autumn.  I love the cold, crisp air, the changing of the leaves, and the wardrobe associated with it all.  But possibly most of all, I love fall food!  (Come to the homepage to see some of our seasonal favorites in the sidebar.)  One of my favorite things to do each season, is take old stand-by recipes and switch them up with seasonal flavors.  That’s what I’ve done here with this classic cookie style bar.  This one is studded with cinnamon flavored chips, juicy pink cranberries and toasted nuts.  The flavors are amazing together and it’s a great (and super easy!) treat for fall time.

This is about as simple as it gets, everything just gets dumped into the pan in layers.  Start with melted butter (you could even save a step right here and melt the butter right in your pan)

Then sprinkle in some graham cracker crumbs and spread them out into an even layer

And then pour on some sweetened condensed milk.

Next goes a layer of coconut

Then some cinnamon chips

I noticed last time I mentioned cinnamon chips some of you said you’d never heard of them.  They’re so good!  I’ve found some stores don’t carry them, but where I live I always find them at Albertsons.

and then some white chocolate chips

Finally on top, sprinkle on some chopped pecans and some dried cranberries.  For this batch I used cranberries from Oh Nuts and I must say they really were the biggest, most plump cranberries I’ve ever had!  I love the pop of color the cranberries give.

That’s it folks.  Just pop that pan in the oven and bake it so everything melts together.

Let them cool before you cut them or you’ll have a big gooey mess.  Or maybe you want a big gooey mess.  If that’s the case then grab a spoon my friend.

Chelsea says:

For some reason I have like ten bags of dried cranberries piled up in my cupboard, I think this will be the perfect way to use them! And cinnamon chips?! I've never heard of such things!

Shelly says:

Great thanksgiving dessert!

Merry Jo says:

This sounds a lot like Magic Bars (I believe the recipe is on the label of condensed milk). SO YUMMY! I'll have to try your version, but I do believe I might prefer the chocolate/butterscotch version… :)

Julie says:

Wow…beautiful!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants says:

I love anything with cinnamon chips! I gotta make these soon.

CaSaundraLeigh says:

Brilliant use for the cinnamon chips, I happen to have a bag in my pantry–yay! :-)

kaki0429 says:

I'm trying to diet here, ladies! Lol!! I'm gonna set a day aside so I can enjoy a taste or two of these beauties! They look too delicious and way easy not to make!

Mrs. Ca says:

I wasn't sure about these from the title alone, but after I read the ingredients I added them to my shopping list. These sound fantastic!

Sally says:

My husband LOVES cinnamon chips, but I can only find them every once in a while. When I do find them I usually stock up. I will definitely be trying this. Thanks!

Hawaiianatheart says:

Think I'll try this WITHOUT the coconut. No one in my family likes coconut but the rest sounds heavenly!

Natalie says:

These are like, FALL MAGIC COOKIE BARS!! SPENDID!! I always have the ingredients for MCB, its my staple, I gotta-have-something-fabulous-now treat. And I think this FALL version is just, wonderful. I am adding the cranberries to my list now!!!

Christina says:

These sounds delish, Sara! Can't wait to try 'em! I enjoy baking fall-ish types of desserts, foods, as well, so this will be perfect! :)

Ashley says:

Mmmmmmm, guess what I'm making tonight!

Deborah says:

These are perfect for the fall season! Yum!

Abby says:

These sound great. I love Magic Bars and agree with Merry Jo that they sound similar. I also love white chocolate and cranberry cookies this time of year, so I think this will be a perfect blend of the two! Plus it looks easy :)

The Food Hunter says:

I will be looking for cinnamon chips the next time I go to Albertsons. Thanks!

Maureen says:

Could anything else be use in place of the coconut? My poor hubby is allergic.

Aubri says:

I'm a pretty big fan of those other dump-it-in-a-pan bars and these look fabulous! I just bought a 5 lb bag of mini cinnamon chips (love them!), so I needed this recipe!

Amy's Kitchen says:

These look so yummy.
    If you have an Alison's Pantry rep near you, they have cinnamon chips at a great price. http://www.alisonspantry.com

Patti says:

I think it's really funny that you say you can find the cinnamon chips at Albertson's. We don't even have Albertson's anymore! They've been bought out by Fresh Market. In case your readers can't find the cinnamon chips, you can send them here. The chips are smaller than Hershey's but they're also less waxy-tasting, and a little more expensive. Anyway, here's the link.

vanessa v says:

Mmm… this looks delicious! I can't wait to find those cinnamon chips.

P.S. I'm supposed to start my diet, but that can wait until January 1st I guess?

Florence says:

I am so thankful this fall for my 2 beautiful grandkids, and the one on the way! Life is so good and sweet right now and I am so very happy to be me!

Paula says:

Made these for dessert last night. Very good! They were a hit!

April says:

I made these yesterday. Sooo good! Keep the good stuff coming!

D.I.M. Incorporated says:

Chocolate? White chocolate? Cranberries? All things I love! Can't wait to try these!

Christine says:

Congrats to you….it is awesome to have a great day and to win great things…..I enjoy your recipes but don't bake much….used to when the kids were home….Happy Holidays to you and yours….

smalltownoven says:

Yum! White chocolate and cranberries always work wonderfully together!

Bev and Jim says:

I am thankful for one more day…to love & be loved; for an amazing husband and four children(two of whom are adopted, but I can't remember which ones). I also have two step-children(one with Down Syndrome). The five have given me 20 grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

I am thankful to have survived breast cancer twice, three serious car accidents(extricated once by 'jaws of life'), major back surgery, atrial fibrillation of my heart(cardioverted twice), and now diabetes.

I know that my Heavenly Father knows me by name; that I am encircled in His arms and am engraven on the palms of His hands. He has worked through His other children to pull me through.

I love people and am so thankful for Sara & Kate and for those at BH&G; people who care for people and give unselfishly. I have been a grateful recipient of these blessings!

Bryan says:

think i can use cherries instead of cranberries? i cant find any dried cranberries over here =[

Bryan-cherries would be fantastic!

Kimberly says:

I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life who love and accept me just the way I am….warts and all! I am especially thankful for my Grandmother who is celebrating her 97th birthday today, she has always taken the time to listen and give good advice.

diane says:

I love your blog and am so excited to try these recipes, they sound fantastic!! I am thankful for family, friends and this beautiful world God has made for us.

indigobegonias says:

My thankful thought – at age 15 I was told that I most likely wouldn't be able to have any children. Last year I met the man of my dreams and married him. His 4 wonderful kids from his first marriage live with us, and by some miracle, I gave birth to my son this August (at age 32). So this year I am thankful beyond words to be a mom of 5 and to be married to the best partner a woman could ask for!

Megan Bone says:

Missed the step of where to put the coconut…it wasn't in the "written only" directions :( Needless to say, you can't omit the coconut or put it on top…they don't come out as bars. My bad! It is a delicious crumble over vanilla ice cream though!

SusanW says:

Is there a substitute for the cinnamon chips. I thought sure I would find them in town but no such luck. I want to make these in two days, don't have time to order them now. If anyone has a substitute idea please let me know.

Susan, it would actually be really great with chocolate chips as well. Or you could use all white chips and sprinkle cinnamon in there somewhere!

Amy says:

Albertson's has been bought out by different chains in most areas of the country. Where we live it was bought out by Publix.

I'm going to the store today; I'll try to find them at Publix. If not, I'll try the chocolate chip suggestion. I wonder if I should try to sprinkle some cinnamon? I"m a little afraid to try!

Wendy says:

I found some cinnamon chips today at HEB (Austin, Texas)… I can't wait to try this recipe!

Flora says:

I just started using your site last month, and I'm LOVING every recipe! Just made this last night, and it was a big hit with my coworkers today! I didn't have cinnamon chips, or condensed milk so I just used regular semi-sweet chips, and I used evaporated milk instead. I also mixed in some cinnamon sugar into the graham crust, and they turned out great. Thanks for the recipes!

Jaimie says:

These bars sounds wonderful! Has anyone made with with just cinnimon? I live in hicksville Georgia and I'm not sure I'll be able to find the cinnimon chips anywhere.

Jaimie says:

Found them! After trips to 4 different stores I found the cinnamon chips at…PUBLIX! They were on sale too! Score!

M.W. says:

I want to make these so badly but I've never seen cinnamon chips before in my life. Sigh! Does anyone happen to know where I might be able to find some in Toronto? Otherwise, is it possible, like the previous poster said, to make them with just cinnamon and some other substitution?

Melissa says:

I couldn't find cinnamon chips either. So, I bought cinnamon graham crackers and made my own crumbs. I still had the taste of cinnamon even though I didn't have the chips!

annhovsepian says:

I've made these twice already and they were a big hit! I replaced the cinnamon chips with chocolate chips and one time I used crushed walnuts instead of pecans. Delicious both ways! :)

Kameron says:

So… any word on whether or not you can omit the coconut? I never use it; like the flavor but despise the texture. I wouldn't have thought it would be a problem, but read one of the comments that said it didn't work for her. Thoughts??

Kim says:

First you should know that I’m not a swear-er. But when I bit into this, I think my exact words were “F## me those are fantastic!”

Also, I followed the actual recipe and not your picture instructions, and the recipe makes no mention of when to add the coconut. I went back up and figured it out, but by then I had already added everything else. I ended up lightly mixing everything together so the coconut would stick and it still tasted fantastic though!

Angelajd says:

I know this recipe was posted a while back, but I just wanted to mention that I’ve made these bars 4 or 5 times and have NEVER put in the coconut and had no problems whatsoever! They are perfect as a fall/winter treat and everyone loves them. My husband is allergic to nuts, so I usually make half of it without the pecans, and it’s very good that way too, although I prefer it with the pecans. Thanks SO MUCH, Sara!

lisa says:

I found your site last year and made the bars, but omitted the pecans and coconut…they are awesome!!! I also love your other recipes…super simple.

Kimberly says:

I made this tonight, and they were Awesome… I couldn’t find cinnamon chips, so instead I subbed semi-sweet chips and sprinkled on some cinnamon. Gonna def make these for Christmas to take to moms. Thanks so much for the recipe.

Shae says:

I just love the way these look! How well do you think they will last in the mail? I would love to send them to a friend, but I would hate if they spoiled before arrival.

[...] Cranberry Cinnamon Chip Bars [...]