I love autumn. I love the cold, crisp air, the changing of the leaves, and the wardrobe associated with it all. But possibly most of all, I love fall food! One of my favorite things to do each season, is take old stand-by recipes and switch them up with seasonal flavors. That’s what I’ve done here with this classic cookie style bar. This one is studded with cinnamon flavored chips, juicy pink cranberries and toasted nuts. The flavors are amazing together and it’s a great (and super easy!) treat for fall time.
- Cinnamon Flavored Baking Chips – I noticed last time I mentioned cinnamon chips some of you said you’d never heard of them. They’re so good! I’ve found some stores don’t carry them, but where I live I always find them at Albertsons. I you’re desperate, you could order them online. If all else fails, butterscotch baking chips or even good old chocolate chips would still be delicious.
- This is about as simple as it gets; everything just gets dumped into the pan in layers. Start with melted butter (you could even save a step right here and melt the butter right in your pan), then sprinkle in some graham cracker crumbs and spread them out into an even layer.
- And then pour on some sweetened condensed milk.
- Next goes a layer of coconut and some cinnamon and white chocolate chips.
- Finally on top, sprinkle on some chopped pecans and some dried cranberries. For this batch I used cranberries from Oh Nuts and I must say they really were the biggest, most plump cranberries I’ve ever had! I love the pop of color the cranberries give.
- That’s it folks. Just pop that pan in the oven and bake it so everything melts together.
Let them cool before you cut them or you’ll have a big gooey mess. Or maybe you want a big gooey mess. If that’s the case then grab a spoon my friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make these ahead of time? Cookie bars are great to make ahead! Make them the day before you plan to serve. Once cooled, you can cut them into squares if you want, but leave them on the counter in the pan, tightly covered, until you are ready to plate and serve them so they don’t dry out.
If you love fall flavors, you might be interested in these other favorite from Our Best Bites:
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Caramel Apple Fruit Pizza
- German Apple Cake
- Maple Streusel Scones
Did You Make This?
I’d love to hear from you! Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram, then come back and give this recipe a rating!Print
A classic cookie style bar, studded with cinnamon flavored chips, white chocolate, juicy cranberries, and toasted nuts.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) real butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour butter into a 9×13″ pan and spread with spatula to cover the entire bottom of pan. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over butter and spread into an even layer. Press down gently with fingertips.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over graham cracker crumbs. Continue with the remaining ingredients: cinnamon chips, white chips, pecans, and cranberries, sprinkling each in an even layer. Press down gently with fingertips over entire pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and slightly golden on top. Let cool completely before cutting.