A delicious fresh-basil infused salad dressing with fresh herbs and tangy buttermilk. Great for not only salads, but drizzled on sandwiches and used as a dip! NOTE: This recipe calls for dry parsley, dill and onion. If using fresh, increase amount by 3x. (1 part dry = 3 parts fresh).
- 1C mayonnaise
- 2/3 C buttermilk
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- Place everything except basil in a blender and process until smooth. Add basil and pulse until basil is broken up and dressing is pale green in color. Store in a glass jar or other airtight container in fridge. Can be used immediately, but for best results chill for at least an hour or so before serving.
- Think beyond the salad! This is great as a salad dressing, but also drizzled over sandwiches and wraps, pizza and flatbreads, and used as a dip.