An easy flavored butter with lime, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic. Perfect for cornbread along side a hot bowl of chili.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) real butter, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese (low fat is fine, avoid fat free), at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- zest from one large lime
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (more to taste, if desired)
- 1–2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until well blended and light and fluffy. Add in garlic, lime zest, lime juice, jalapeño, and cilantro. Mix until everything is well distributed.
- Spread on bread or corn bread. When not in use, store in fridge and bring to room temperature before serving again.