Whether you’re going to a party or just want something to munch on, this is the perfect cheeseball is the charmingly retro snack to do it with. This cheeseball is fantastic with crackers, baby peppers, carrots, or celery. If you divide it up into mini sized balls, it makes a nice neighbor gift for the holidays as well!
This cheese ball is LOVED at parties, to the point where I see people forgoing the crackers and just going straight for the big boy with a butter knife. So as you’re planning snacks for parties in the coming weeks, give this a try!
To get started, finely chop some green onions…
and some bell peppers.
I just grab a bag of baby peppers and chop a few of those, then serve the rest of the peppers with the cheeseball.
Place those in a medium mixing bowl and add some shredded sharp cheddar cheese…
some well-drained crushed pineapple…
softened cream cheese…
and seasoning salt.
No matter how good my intentions, I always end up mixing it with my hands sooner or later.
When thoroughly mixed, shape into a ball and roll in some crushed pecans.
Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
- 2 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese (light cream cheese is fine)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell peppers (any color)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained very well (you can press it through a fine mesh strainer to help remove the excess liquid)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or pecan pieces
- Crackers and vegetables for serving
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pecans. Mix well (you may need to mix with your hands at some point.) When thoroughly mixed, shape into a ball and roll in crushed pecans. Chill thoroughly. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.