Seasoned sweet potatoes are roasted until golden brown and then tossed with a fresh herb Chimichurri sauce for the perfect side dish.
For the Chimichurri
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- about 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2–3/4” pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, lime juice, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small food processor. (Alternately, you may chop everything by hand very finely.) Process until finely chopped and then transfer to a small bowl. Add in pepper flakes (if using) and olive oil and stir to combine. May add additional olive oil for desired consistency. Set aside.
- Place chopped sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on seasonings and stir to coat. Place potatoes on large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toasted and tender.
- When finished, toss with Chimichurri and serve immediately. Yields 6, 1/2-cup servings.
- Serving Size: 6