A lighter take on traditional creamy sauce. Use in place of traditional alfredo!
- 1 lb roughly chopped cauliflower florets (about 6 cups)
- 2.5 cups chicken broth (may sub vegetable broth)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4–5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (more if desired)
- 1 ounce low-fat cream cheese (more if desired)
- Bring broth to a simmer and add cauliflower. Cover pot with lid. Cook until tender, stirring/smashing occasionally, (about 5-6 mins). Drain cauliflower over a bowl to reserve broth and add cauliflower to food processor or blender. Add onion and salt. Return pot to stove and heat olive oil. Add garlic and saute on medium-low heat until fragrant and soft, 30-60 seconds. Add garlic and all oil from pan into cauliflower. Add 1/4 cup reserved broth, and cheeses. Process until smooth. Add salt and liquid to taste.
- Feel free to adjust cheese and seasonings to your liking. It’s a very flexible sauce; adjust until you find the right mix for you!
- Nutritional Information (per 1/2 cup) Cal: 60 Fat: 3 Carb: 5 Pro: 4