This incredibly quick and easy lunch or dinner can be made in less than 30 minutes and is loved by both kids and adults! Feel free to add 2-3 ounces of shrimp or grilled chicken or steak per serving to make it a little more hearty!
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1–2 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce, plus more for serving if desired (see note below)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 8 ounces linguine noodles
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 limes cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Shrimp or grilled, sliced chicken or steak (about 8-10 ounces)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While the water is coming to a boil, wash and chop the ginger, garlic, green onions, cilantro, lime, and nuts. Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
While the noodles are cooking, combine the broth, peanut butter, Sriracha, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until the peanut butter melts and the ingredients are combined.
When the noodles are done, drain and place in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter sauce and toss to combine. Divide the noodles evenly among individual serving bowls then top with meat (if desired), chopped green onions, cilantro, lime wedges, and peanuts. Squeeze lime wedges over noodles and, if desired, add an additional squeeze or two of Sriracha sauce. Serve immediately.
A little note about Sriracha: 1 teaspoon is mild with a bite, 1 1/2 teaspoons is medium, and 2 is pretty hot. You can always err on the side of caution and not add too much, then allow people to add more Sriracha to their own servings according to their personal tastes.