- 2 large zucchini (about 12 ounces each)
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (I recommend our Lime Olive Oil)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped
- handful of cilantro to taste (about 1/4 cup, more if desired)
- lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts or cashews
Run your zucchini through a Spiralizer to form noodles. Place zucchini in a large mesh strainer over a bowl or the sink and toss with a sprinkling of kosher salt (I eyeball it, about 1/4 teaspoon should be fine). Let sit for 30-60 minutes, till much of the liquid is extracted. Press zucchini with a few paper towels to absorb any excess.
Place chicken broth, powdered peanut butter, regular peanut butter, honey, and soy sauce in a very small sauce pan and whisk to combine. Set aside for a moment.
Heat an extra large skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant. Add zucchini noodles and toss often with tongs for 2-3 minutes.
While zucchini is cooking, turn heat on peanut butter sauce. Heat until simmering, constantly stirring, until hot and bubbly. Mixture should thicken within a minute or so. Set aside. When noodles are tender-crisp, add peanut sauce and toss to combine. Add green onions and cilantro and toss well. Serve immediately and squeeze a fresh lime wedge over each serving. Top with nuts and additional green onions and cilantro if desired.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 974mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 1mg