You will love this family-friendly Sunrise Punch. It’s sweet, it’s tart, it’s tangy. A tiny bit tropical. The citrus and cranberry make it a fabulous drink for a brunch, although you could make arguments for just about any time of day or season. I do think it’s a perfect drink for a girly evening, although don’t let that deter any of you guys out there who are dying to try it!
- Pineapple Juice – juice from frozen concentrate works well here. Some stores also sell fresh pineapple juice near the other fresh juices and smoothies in the produce department.
- Apricot or Mango Nectar – If you’ve never purchased fruit nectar, you can find it in cans in the juice aisle or near the Latin foods. It is thicker than juice and adds a nice tropical element to this punch.
- Ginger Ale – This sparkling punch uses ginger ale. If you drink alcohol, you could replace the ginger ale with champagne if you’d like.
How to make Sunrise Punch
- The procedure here is pretty simple: we combine pineapple juice, cranberry juice, “nectar,” and lime juice. This mixture gets chilled until ready to serve. Make sure your ginger ale is in the fridge, too!
- When ready, you can either mix the ginger ale with the juice mixture or you can mix the drinks individually using 2 parts juice mix to one part ginger ale. Serve over lots of ice. Garnish with fresh fruit and a little paper umbrella if you feel the urge!
- Garnish, if desired. I thought it would be fun to garnish the glasses with mango cut into shapes.
This drink is perfect for adding to a brunch menu. Check out the Our Best Bites Breakfast and Brunch Recipe Archive for ideas.
If you’re looking for other drink recipes, consider these other delicious options:
Can I make this ahead of time? Yes! Mix up your juices a day or two ahead and simply mix in your ginger ale when you are ready to serve. If making more than about 8 hours ahead of time, do not add the lime juice until ready to mix, as citrus flavors mellow and lose their kick if left to sit too long.
Did You Make This?
I’d love to hear from you! Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram, and then come back and give this recipe a rating!Print
Sweet, tart, tangy, sparkling, and a little bit tropical. This punch is perfect for any occasion, but goes especially well alongside a fun brunch menu, reception, or summer BBQ.
Combine pineapple juice, cranberry juice, nectar and lime juice. Store in fridge until ready to mix. Make sure your ginger ale is chilled as well.
When ready to serve, add ginger ale. Or, if desired, mix individual servings using two parts juice to one part ginger ale.
Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices and mango shapes, if desired (see blog post for mango instructions.
If you drink alcohol, feel free to replace the ginger ale with champagne.