A quick, flexible salad designed to use up leftover barbecued chicken.
- leftover Old-Fashioned BBQ Chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces, or just brush your favorite BBQ sauce on some chicken and grill it up.
- Blue Cheese Dressing, or a high-quality ranch, like this Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Leafy green lettuce (I like Romaine)
- Hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Chopped green onions or sliced red onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Blue cheese (if not using aforementioned dressing) or sharp cheddar cheese
- Avocado cubes
- Crumbled bacon
Wash and chop lettuce (if not buying pre-washed, pre-chopped lettuce). Blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Arrange lettuce on large dinner plates and add a handful of BBQ chicken. Arrange remaining ingredients on top–you can either keep all the toppings separate and let dinner-eaters mix it up according to their liking, or you can just go WILD and sprinkle everything on top. Serve with dressing and enjoy!