These thinly sliced avocados are simply dressed and quick and easy to pull together. They’re a perfect side dish for breakfast, brunch, or dinner! NOTE: Quantities are very adjustable, this recipe is easy to eyeball and doesn’t need to be exact. For serving size, imagine how much avocado one single person might eat. For example, if you have small avocados I would maybe estimate 1/2 avocado per person and for large/XL avocados with a lot of other food on the table you might be able to serve 3-4 per avocado.
2–3 large avocados
extra virgin olive oil
kosher or sea salt
1 handful fresh chives
1 medium tomato
- Cut each avocado in half and remove pits.
- Using a large spoon, carefully scoop out entire avocado half, keeping it in tact.
- Place center/pit-side down on a cutting board and use a large knife to slice into 1/8-1/4″ slices. Carefully using knife, transfer sliced avocado to a serving plate or platter and use your hands to gently fan out the avocados accordion style. Repeat until all avocados are arranged on platter.
- Cut tomato in half and remove seeds, pulp and inner membrane. Dice tomato in extra small pieces and set aside.
- Use clean scissors to snip chives into small pieces until you have about 2 tablespoons or enough for your liking.
- Drizzle some olive oil over each avocado half, followed by a squeeze of lemon juice. Tip: Squeeze lemon over open palm of opposite hand, letting juice run through and using fingers to catch loose seeds.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, chives, and tomatoes.
- Lastly, cut up some remaining lemon into slices or wedges and add to plate.
Keywords: Avocados, Side Dishes, Vegetables