This Italian sausage and vegetable soup is quick and easy to assemble, then it just needs to simmer to perfection.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1–2 small zucchinis, quartered and chopped
- 1 14.5-ounce can beef broth
- 1 10-ounce can bean with bacon soup
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Remove sausage from casings and crumble the meat. In a large soup pot, brown Italian sausage with onions and garlic. Carefully drain, if necessary.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer on low for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Brown the sausage, onion, and garlic in a frying pan, drain, and then transfer to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and cook all day on low.
Freezer Instructions: Cook sausage, onions, and garlic and drain if necessary. Place in a large Ziploc bag or large freezer-safe container. Add remaining ingredients. When ready to cook, Place contents of the bag in a large slow cooker and cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 6-8.