With the spiciness of the onions and basil, and the sweetness of the mint and watermelon, the gentle tangy-ness of the feta balances things out perfectly. Great for a summer shin-dig!
- 6 c. cubed (1/2″ cubes) watermelon
- 1 c. minced cilantro*
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced red onions (about 1/2 of a small red onion, maybe a bit more)
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 2 limes (3–4 Tbsp.)
- 1 4-oz. package of Athenos crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/2 heaping tsp. Kosher salt
- Gently combine the ingredients (reserve 1/4 c. of feta). Sprinkle with reserved feta, garnish with basil and mint leaves, and lightly sprinkle with additional salt. Serve immediately.
- The original recipe calls for 2 c. of watercress. If you prefer watercress, feel free to substitute it for cilantro in this recipe. If you don’t like cilantro or watercress, try substituting 1 c. minced Italian parsley or 2 c. chopped spinach.