Ah, the small-batch cookie. You’re craving a warm, chewy-soft cookie but not enough to spend an hour making a big batch and then rotating pans through the oven and getting full and sick from eating cookie dough about half-way through. So many of you have fallen in love with these Small Batch Cookies, which are just a scaled down version of everything you love. They only requires one bowl and maybe 5 minutes to whip up and it makes just one pan- we’re talking 6-8 cookies depending on how you scoop them. Perfect for eating and being done and not getting stuffed! I had a craving for a festive holiday Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookie a while back so I whipped up this variation for Small Batch Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cookies and we’ve been enjoying them all winter long! They’re perfect for a quick fix when you just need a few cookies to enjoy!
A small mixing bowl and a hand mixer (or even spoon!) is all you need here. Butter, sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract get a quick mix.
Cocoa powder makes a quick chocolate cookie dough and I fold in white chocolate chips to stand out.
After you create those dough-balls, they get a quick dunk in a shallow dish of crushed candy canes, and if you want them to look exceptionally pretty, then hand-place a few extra white chips on top (pro tip!)
That’s it. A quick bake and you are literally just minutes away from a warm gooey-soft chocolate peppermint cookie.
They’ve got all the flavors of Christmas in one delicious bite.
And you didn’t have to trash your kitchen, OR slave away to make them.
Chewy-soft chocolate peppermint cookies studded with white chocolate and peppermint and topped with festive candy canes.
- 3 tablespoons real butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1–2 large candy canes, crushed (or crushed hard peppermint candies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or non-stick mat.
- Place butter in a small-medium sized mixing bowl and microwave for about 8-10 seconds. It should be soft enough to mix easily with a spoon, even semi-melted to completely melted is okay. Add sugars and beat with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon till fluffy. Add in egg yolk, vanilla and peppermint and mix well until fully incorporated. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt all at once and mix until all combined. Add your white chocolate chips and mix.
- Use a cookie scoop, or roll into balls. Place your crushed candy canes in a shallow dish and dunk the top side of cookies in candy before placing on baking sheet. Bake for about 9-10 minutes. Cool for 1-2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooking rack.