People are always asking me what I want for Christmas, not so much because they all want to buy me presents (because so far, no one has actually bought me anything I’ve recommended), but because they’re looking for ideas for themselves/their wives/girlfriends/sisters/whoevers.) So I’ve put together a list of things I would love this year. Combined with the Etsy roundup I did last week, plus the entire Favorites section here on the blog, this is a pretty good idea of the things I would love!
1. Clarisonic Mia Fit. I’ve had the Clarisonic Mia for a few years now and, when I use it on a regular basis, it makes a huge difference in my skin–it’s smoother, fewer breakouts, smaller pores. But it doesn’t hold a charge like it used to and I love the smaller size of the Fit. It costs a pretty penny, though (and the brushes aren’t exactly cheap, although I’ve found awesome deals on them at Groupon!) and I’d love to find it under the tree on Christmas morning.
2. The Trespasser by Tana French. I’ve been a long-time fan of Tana French–The Likeness and Faithful Place are two of my favorite books and she’s got an amazing talent for creating transporting you to these otherworldly, all-encompassing locations. I will say I haven’t loved her last two books, and I will also say that some people have expressed disappointment in my life choices when I’ve recommended books in the past (*cough* 11/22/63 *cough*.) Fair warning: she writes murder mysteries set in Ireland. There are going to be swears.
3. Fuzzy Socks. I’m such a sucker for slipper socks in the winter. I prefer them to slippers because I can wash them and they’re typically cheaper, so when they get gross, it’s not super sad to have to throw them away. A little sad, especially if they have polar bears on them, but not, like, Ugg slipper sad.
4. Love Lettuce from Lush. This is a tall order because it’s not available online and I don’t have a Lush in my town–it’s only available in the refrigerated section of Lush stores. My friend and I tried this on our trip to New Orleans last month and it was the most amazing face mask I’ve ever used AND THEN I LEFT IT IN THE HOTEL REFRIGERATOR ON ACCIDENT ?.
5. Complete Parks and Recreation series. If you have a Parks and Rec fan in your life and they don’t have the DVDs, this is an amazing price–each season costs about $15, so to buy them separately, they’ll be over $100. I know, I know, it’s on Netflix, but my logic is what will we do in the zombie apocalypse when Netflix ceases to exist? Or (in a more likely scenario), these shows leave Netflix (like Chuck…)
6. Speck CandyShell Inked iPhone Case. This is my all-time favorite iPhone case. It’s slim but protective and it looks good for a long time. The one I have is starting to show its age, so I’d love another one. Same design. What can I say, I like what I like??
7. Eat Like a Gilmore. I’ve been dying for this ever since I saw it–I’ve heard the recipes are amazing and it kind of sounds like the perfect gift for a foodie hard-core Gilmore Girls fan. Like myself.
8. Favorite album on vinyl. Last year, my BFF got me a record player as well as two vinyl discs (my favorite album and one she thought I’d love, which I did). Since then, I’ve been getting the albums I really, really love on vinyl. It’s such a fantastic, thoughtful gift for a music lover!
9. Thermopop. We’ve sung the praises of Thermoworks for a long time, and this little thermometer has gotten a lot of attention lately–it’s a great price and America’s Test Kitchen has named it the best thermometer, which is a huge deal. Plus, they’re running all sorts of deals right now (you can use the code SAVE16), so go check them out!
In addition to all those things, I would love new tires for my car and a pair of knee-high boots, and gift cards to iTunes, Target, and Ulta are always favorites. My life is super exciting.
If you’re looking for other shopping inspiration, be sure and check out these other gift guides!